I’m sure you all like simple. Well, it doesn’t get any simpler than this one-pot white meat tacos. Not that tacos are complicated but to make less of a mess and save time is a win-win in my book.
This is a fast and delicious meal, not only for Taco Tuesdays, but also for busy weeknight dinner. Very customizable in that you can use your choice of meat and even add other vegetables such as potatoes or cauliflower for a healthy twist. If you chose to add the vegetables 1/2 cup diced potatoes and 1/3 cup chopped cauliflower is the perfect amount.
I just can’t resist a crunchy hard shell tacos; nothing beats the crunch you get in every single bite, am I right? Sometimes we scoop the taco meat with corn chips and top it with shredded cheese to make it a snack.
This 40-minute meal is one the whole family will love. Featuring a homemade blend of seasonings, these tacos are flavorful and absolutely crave worthy.
Taco topping ideas:
- Sour cream
- Avocado or guacamole
- Chopped cilantro
- Cheese (Monterrey Jack, Cheddar)
- Thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- Tomatoes, red onions, jalapeno and cilantro chopped or store bought salsa
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cups diced onions
- 2 minced or crushed garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno
- ¾ cup tomato sauce
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 2½ teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
- Heat olive oil in a 6 quart pot over medium-high heat.
- Add ground chicken and turkey, cook until meat is done.
- Add onion, red pepper, garlic and jalapeno and sauté 5-8 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, chicken broth, cumin, chili powder, paprika, oregano, and season with salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to medium, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add cilantro and cook for a couple of minutes.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?