• Quinoa and pumpkin soup
• Yellow dal and barley Kichadi (with homemade chappatis)
• Saffron – asparagus Kichadi
• Broccoli and cole slaw salad
• CCF Tea with mint leaves
Winter is the best time of the year, while not long in Florida, to indulge in warming dishes such a soups and kichadis. Kichadi for those who have never heard this term before is the traditional cleansing food in Ayurveda. It usually combines split mung beans with basmati rice and plenty of spices, depending of your constitution. The kichadis selected for this class are mostly balancing for all constitutions, recipes will show each dosha with + or -. If you like Indian food (with the spices) and will like to try a few cleansing recipes; this is the class for you!
What to Expect:
In this class you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by Carmen, a longtime foodie.
• Class will be 3 – 3 1/2 hours, depending on the number of students
• You will work side by side with other students to prepare each dish
• Minimum number of guests to start the class is 4
• Maximum number of guests is 6
• You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class; please wear comfortable shoes and have long hair tied back
• You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish.
Food allergies – Please contact me before the class. Adjustment to recipes can only be made before the class.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy:
A full refund (minus 2.9% processing fees) will be issued only when a cancellation is done 7 days prior to the class start date. Cancellations 5 – 3 days prior to the scheduled class will incur a 50% fee, or the option to reschedule or transfer your spot to someone else who can attend the scheduled class. For cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled class the full amount of the class will be forfeited and no option to reschedule will be available.
A minimum of 4 participants is required to run a scheduled class. In the event that minimum numbers are not met or sickness, Belmondo Foods reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full. In the event the class is rescheduled, participants will be notified up to 7 days prior and no later than 48 hours before the class.
Cancellation of a private event greater than 2 weeks by the client, the deposit is refunded or the possibility to reschedule to another date. Cancellation within 2 weeks of scheduled event will incur a 25% fee.