• Savory empanadas: picadillo beef (Cuba) and cheese. Using Goya disc and a home-made gluten free dough (premade)
• Sweet empanadas: cream cheese/guava (Puerto Rico and/or Cuba)
• quinoa tabuli salad
• Iced water
In this fun, hands-on class, I will introduce you to some authentic ingredients and flavors from the Caribbean. I will share helpful techniques on how to make flavorful empanada fillings. You will also be guided on how to shape and cook the empanadas. We will use store bought dough for savory empanadas (Goya discs) and sweet empanadas (Pepperidge Farm’s puff pastry).
Take this opportunity to learn a new skill, and make some new friends along the way!
Cost: Per person cost $38.53
What to Expect:
In this class you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by Carmen, a longtime foodie.
• Class will be approximately 3 hours
• You will work side by side with other students to prepare each dish
• Minimum number of guests to start the class is 4
• Maximum number of guests is 6
• You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class; please wear comfortable shoes and have long hair tied back
• You will enjoy a generous taste of the different empanadas and will also be able to take some empanadas with you!
• You are welcome to BYOB (for sharing)
Food allergies – Please contact me before the class. Adjustment to recipes if applicable can only be made before the class
Cancellation and Transfer Policy:
A full refund (minus 2.9% processing fees) will be issued only when a cancellation is done 7 days prior to the class start date. Cancellations 5 – 3 days prior to the scheduled class will incur a 50% fee, or the option to reschedule or transfer your spot to someone else who can attend the scheduled class. For cancellations within 48 hours of the scheduled class the full amount of the class will be forfeited and no option to reschedule will be available.
A minimum of 4 participants is required to run a scheduled class. In the event that minimum numbers are not met or sickness, Belmondo Foods reserves the right to reschedule the class or refund in full. In the event the class is rescheduled, participants will be notified up to 7 days prior and no later than 48 hours before the class.
Cancellation of a private event greater than 2 weeks by the client, the deposit is refunded or the possibility to reschedule to another date. Cancellation within 2 weeks of scheduled event will incur a 25% fee.
Reserve your seat(s) by booking below.
Once your booking is approved you will receive a confirmation email with a link for class payment.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Leave a Reply