• Savory empanadas: picadillo beef (Cuba), cheese (Venezuela), GF black beens and cheese (Venezuela)
• Sweet empanadas: cream cheese and guava (Puerto Rico and/or Cuba)
• Shaved cauliflower salad or quinoa tabuli salad
• Iced water
In this fun, hands-on class, I will introduce you to some authentic ingredients and flavors from the Caribbean. I will share helpful techniques on how to make empanada dough as well as flavorful fillings. You will also be guided on how to shape and cook the empanadas. We will also use store bought dough for savory empanadas (Goya discs) and sweet empanadas (Pepperidge Farm’s puff pastry).
Take this opportunity to learn a new skill, and make some new friends along the way!
What to Expect:
In this class you’ll work together with other students in a fun, hands-on environment led by Carmen, a longtime foodie.
• Class will be 2 1/2 to 3 hours, depending on the number of students in the class
• You will work side by side with other students to prepare each dish
• Minimum number of guests to start the class is 4
• Maximum number of guests is 8
• You will be standing, cooking and working for most of the class; please wear comfortable shoes and have long hair tied back
• Bring your own apron
• You will enjoy a generous taste of every dish and will also be able to take some empanadas with you!
• You are welcome to BYOB
Payment: Credit Card (plus surcharge fee), PayPal (link on event) or cash. For those interested in taking the class send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE to REGISTER. Last day to register is January 31st.
If you have a food allergy, please let Carmen know before attending the class. Adjustments to recipes can only be made before and not during the class.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Leave a Reply